Pearl care is critical if you love collecting and wearing pearls. It will extend the life of your pearls and ensure you wear them for a long time to come. So, if you are looking to care for your pearls, you are in the right place.
Here is everything you need to know about making your pearls shiny and lustrous.
How To Deep Clean Your Pearls
Here are the top ways you can deep clean your pearls to ensure longevity and luster:
- Use A Soft Cloth For Wiping
It is essential to clean your pearls after you wear them each time. To do this, all you have to do is take a soft cloth and wipe your pearl with it. Doing this will prevent the buildup of harmful substances or oils that might ruin the pearls.
- Use A Damp Cloth For Visible Stains
If you notice a visible stain on your pearls, you can use a damp cloth for this. Create a solution with a small amount of mild dish soap and lukewarm water. After that, dip the soft cloth in this solution to wipe the pearl. Please remember not to dip the entire natural pearl in the solution because this will damage it further.
- Let The Pearl Dry Before Storage
Always let your pearl dry after you clean it before you store it away. Letting it dry completely will preserve the silk strand elasticity. It will also ensure the durability of the pearl.
- Jeweler Visits Once A Year
Take your pearls to the jeweler once a year to ensure that the integrity of the pearl is intact. They will deep clean the pearl and check it for you if there is any damage. The routine annual check is crucial to keeping your pearls looking beautiful.
How To Maintain Your Tips
Now that you know how to clean the pearls, it is also equally important to maintain them. That is especially true if you like to wear pearls frequently. Here are some tips you can follow for pearl maintenance:
- Flat storage: Always store your pearls flat, especially necklaces. If you hang your pearls, the strands will stretch with time
- Wear them frequently: Pearls thrive in moist environments because they have come from water. That is why you must wear them frequently to prevent them from drying out
- First off, last on: Always wear your pearls in the end after you have sprayed the perfume and you are ready. After that, take the pearls off first before doing anything else
- Store in fabric-lined compartments: Soft pearls can stretch with time. That is why it is crucial to store the pearls in compartments of fabric lining
That is a complete guide you can follow to ensure your pearls look shiny for a long time to come. Maintenance and cleanliness are the two most essential aspects of pearl ownership. Once you follow these guidelines, you will enjoy the shiny pearls for an extended period.